Tuesday, August 12, 2008

it's been a long while...

Oh My...
I can't believe it's been 8+ months since my last blog entry...I look at that picture and think...
"That doesn't even look like me anymore!"  "AHHHHHH!"
(I've chopped my hair and gained about 25 lbs. or so.)

In the past several months a LOT has happened besides physical change...
I finished my 1st FULL year back to college since the 90s!  (OUCH, I'm old!)
I turned 30! (double whammy w/ the 'oldness' factor!) ;) 
Greg threw me a surprise party! (i LOVE him!)
I accepted a PT job to begin in September! (YEAH!)
Our family has taken several vacations/roadtrips! (memories that will last a lifetime!)
And I have enjoyed my 1st ENTIRE summer as a stay at home Mom! (priceless!)

Spiritually, 
I have learned a LOT!  Maybe not what I expected to learn in terms of scripture and godly wisdom, but nonetheless it's been a good lesson...a simple lesson.
I'm not one to hold a grudge...I think I'm a pretty loving and forgiving person overall.
However, in a year of church transition God pointed out something HUGE!!!
I LOVE my church and have always felt it was my extended family...until I felt hurt and threatened by certain words and actions I witnessed.  I then became embarrassed and unsure of my LOVE for this church I once called, "Family."

There were times I wanted to just GIVE UP and stop going.
There were times when I wanted to give everyone a piece of my mind.  (Greg got more than he bargained for with me!)

BUT, God was NEVER calling me (or my family) to leave the church, He never told me to speak "my mind."
Instead He used me to calm a storm that enraged my soul.
He used me in other's lives who were feeling some of the same hurts and transitional pains.
He taught me what it truly means to know & be unconditional LOVE.
He reminded me of the power of prayer and a positive attitude!

I am thankful to serve an AMAZING God who unconditionally LOVES me, even in my darkness. Yet, He continues to use me...I don't know why...I feel so inadequate on so many different levels, yet He continues to use me.  I pray that I continue to follow His lead in my life and that He will lead me onward to a better life filled w/ unconditional love.

p.s.  God has even worked on restoring a broken relationship in my life...something I never thought was possible...THANK YOU Father for teaching me.  

I pray that as I prepare for another semester back in school and a new PT position, that I am constantly reminded of the importance of keeping you 1st in my days.  I LOVE you and Praise you for all that you are...merciful, powerful, and full of grace!  In Jesus name, AMEN!




No comments: