Wednesday, August 20, 2008

contentment...

"But godliness with contentment is great gain." = 1 Timothy 6:6 NIV

"And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."  -Philippians 4:19 NIV

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness."  - 2 Peter 1:3 NIV

Dear Father, forgive me when I act like a child and want more.  Forgive me when I go from "I want" to "God wants me to have" in the blink of an eye.  I know You desire me to have a thankful heart - a contented heart that wants only one thing...more of You.  I say with the Psalmist, "The Lord is my Shepherd.  I have everything I need."  In Jesus' precious Name, AMEN!

www.girlfriendsingod.com

No comments: