Friday, October 26, 2007

let freedom ring...

1 John 1:9
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Forgiveness provides freshness and beauty in our lives. I know how it feels to live a life in bondage. For years after making poor choices, I felt that God had frogiven me for those wrongs, however God's fullness of peace had yet to encompass me...I hadn't been able to forgive myself!

As a woman, I believe that this is the most difficult step in forgiveness...it's the 2nd part of 1 John 1:9...it's mush easier for us to..."confess our sins and receive forgiveness from he who is faithful and just" However, when do we truly receive the purification from all unrighteousness??? When does that FREEDOM set in??? I belive it's when we allow the Holy Spirit to move within our hearts...when we stop believing Satan's lies. When we truly forgive ourselves, that's when the peace sets in and frees us from our dark past.

It's an amazing difference #1) accepting God's forgiveness and #2) letting ourselves off the hook. Deep down, I think it has more to do w/ our self-image/worth. We almost feel so bad about ourselves, we pretend that what we did was forgiven by God, but we never accept the sweet freedom God has for us in His forgiveness if we don't also forgive ourselves. We feel like what we've done is unforgiveable and dark and wicked...these feelings are NOT from God!!! It is Satan deceiving us and trying to gain a foothold on our lives. If we truly believe in Jesus and he lives in our hearts, then we need to accept the truth in our minds and soon our hearts will follow!

Speak truth and Speak it LOUD!
Sweet Freedom is an AMAZING gift from God and He wants us ALL to experience it...it brings Him glory to see us live in PEACE!!! :)
Thank you Father for the cross where your gift of forgiveness was born! :)

1 comment:

Mark and Jen said...

Jen I miss you! We were with a 3 year old boy the other day and Mark and I were reminded of Micah and how much we miss him and your whole family. We think about you guys a lot. We really do miss you. We want to see you:)