Tuesday, January 18, 2011

starting anew...

so, i was reading an article about accountability and since i'm in the mindset of weight loss, healthy living and transitioning into a gluten-free lifestyle i thought this might be a good outlet to vent, share, etc. throughout this journey...

so i begin today with a prescription to a sparrow weight management program, not sure how long it will take to begin the program and with our 10 yr anniversary cruise coming up, i am a little nervous how this will all play out.

i am on a 3 week break from class, so the stress should not hinder the beginning of a program...

i have been earnestly trying a G-F diet and have learned it is time to learn more about the ingredients i need to stay away from rather then just the wheat flours...i notice a BIG difference as i consume foods and the way i feel physically...this journey is tough, but my doctor and i fully believe it is what my body needs at this point in order to fend off some of the many health problems that i currently face as well as those that are on the near horizon if i do not make some significant changes!!!

now is where i ask "WHY!?" "Why me Lord!?" "Why am I not allowed to enjoy 'normal' food like the rest of the world!?" "Ugh!" :(

this is what i'm learning...my faith is lacking and so is my self control! i have been struggling w/ being still and letting go for some time now and i believe this is a lesson that God wants me to begin learning and this is the first step...letting go and letting God!

so here God goes...
:)

stay tuned for my progress...
in 1.5 wks i have lost a total of 4 lbs!!!
my DREAM goal is 75 lbs, my 'happy place' goal is 60 lbs

No comments: